Friday mornings 10am-1pm - 8 week course - Starting March 26th, 2021
Fri, 26 Mar 2021
Advanced Wheel with Matt Repsher
Demonstrations and discussions will initially focus on advanced wheel throwing techniques Matt employs for creating his pottery forms.
In this 8-week intensive advanced course, students will have the opportunity to try the more challenging aspects of wheel throwing techniques as well as building and extending their skills with surface designs.
A broad range of topics will be covered;
- Creating larger forms.
- Altering forms.
- Cutting and joining multi-piece vessels.
- Developing richly patterned surfaces, carving and inlay.
Intermediate to advanced skills required.
What’s included in this class:
- 1-$15 Clay Coupon.
- Glazes and slips used for class pieces
- 24x24x12 personal shelf with an additional clay shelf.
- Break room locker with lock for personal belongings.
- 1-15% coupon in the retail store for any additional New Mexico Clay for class.
- An additional 3 hour glazing class; Tips & Tricks, working with slips, oxides and glazes for Cone 6
- Community clay tools will be available for use during classroom hours.
- Students enrolled in classes will be allowed open studio/limited access (3-days a week) during the 8-week sessions.Please read the Class Registration and Refund Policy Page before signing up for any of our classes, thank you!Once you register you will be sent our policy and procedures information packet for our studio.