Tuesday Mornings 9:30 am - 12:30 pm - 8 week course - Starting June 15th
Tue, 15 Jun 2021
Beginning - Hand Building ... For the Student with Little or No Experience Working with Clay
Using various hand building techniques John will help your explore the many ways possible to create a beautiful clay objets d’art to treasure forever.
This class will focus on preparing the clay, shaping the clay and using various techniques used in handbuilding. John will also introduce you to various ways to decorate your pieces using common clay tools, hump or slump molds. Included in this class is an additional 3 hour introduction to Cone 6 glazing class which covers oxides, washes and pigments.
- Tuesday mornings: (9:30 am - 12:30 pm) - John Morse - 8 -week course.
What’s included in this class:
- 1-$15 Clay Coupon.
- Glazes and slips used for class pieces
- 24x24x12 personal shelf with an additional clay shelf.
- Break room locker with lock for personal belongings.
- 1-15% coupon in the retail store for any additional New Mexico Clay for class.
- An additional 3 hour glazing class; Tips & Tricks, working with slips, oxides and glazes for Cone 6
- Community clay tools will be available for use during classroom hours.
- Students enrolled in classes will be allowed open studio/limited access (3-days a week) during the 8-week sessions.