Friday mornings 9:30 am - 12:30 pm - 8 week course - Starting June 18th
Fri, 18 Jun 2021
Beginning Wheel Throwing ...
Beginning Wheel Throwing ... This class is for the beginning student who has accomplished centering and making cylinders on the wheel and is ready to continue to the next challenge.
In this class you will move towards accomplishing the following:
- CYLINDERS INTO; bowls, cups, jars and pots.
- PUT A HANDLE ON IT; learning several ways to put handles on pots and cups.
- THROWING OFF THE HUMP; be productive, learn to make the same size cup one after the other.
- PUT A LID ON IT; making lids that actually fit your pots.
- DESERT PLATES; why not? Let's also make teacups to go with them.
- THROWDOWN CHALLENGE; no hints here.
- AND MORE ...
What’s included in this class:
- 1-$15 Clay Coupon.
- A potter's first tool kit.
- Glazes and slips used for class pieces
- 24x24x12 personal shelf with an additional clay shelf.
- Break room locker with lock for personal belongings.
- 1-15% coupon in the retail store for any additional New Mexico Clay for class.
- An additional 3 hour glazing class; Tips & Tricks, working with slips, oxides and glazes for Cone 6
- Community clay tools will be available for use during classroom hours.
- Students enrolled in classes will be allowed open studio/limited access (3-days a week) during the 8-week sessions.