Wednesday Mornings 9:30 am - 12:30 pm - 8 - week course - Starting June 16th
Wed, 16 Jun 2021
Figurative Sculpture with Arlene Siegel a continuation
When visiting the many museums in Santa Fe or abroad; have you ever desired to make one of those beautiful sculptures you see on display from artists of the past or present? Some are marble, some are bronze and some are made entirely of clay. This is your chance to learn from Arlene Siegel a many talented portrait sculptress;
This class will focus on the human body, starting with the torso, either male or female or even an imaginary figure as with the famous Greek sculptures. We will be discussing the anatomy, body language, and expression using visual aids to build a complete realistic sculpture.
We will provide visual aids however students are encouraged to bring their own photos and objects. You may also do your complete sculpture on a Bas Relief if you so desire.
You are encouraged to experiment with the many different sculpting tools available in our retail store as you gain experience.
- Wednesday mornings (9:30 am - 12:30 pm) - Arlene Siegel - 8 - week course.
What’s included in this class:
- 1-$15 Clay Coupon.
- Glazes and slips used for class pieces
- 24x24x12 personal shelf with an additional clay shelf.
- Break room locker with lock for personal belongings.
- 1-15% coupon in the retail store for any additional New Mexico Clay for class.
- An additional 3 hour glazing class; Tips & Tricks, working with slips, oxides and glazes for Cone 6
- Community clay tools will be available for use during classroom hours.
- Students enrolled in classes will be allowed open studio/limited access (3-days a week) during the 8-week sessions.