Monday Afternoons 2pm - 5pm - 8 week course - Starting March 22nd 2021
Mon, 22 Mar 2021
Guided Study - Hand Building ...A Continuation
This class is for students with previous hand building experience who have created simple to advanced forms using various hand building techniques.
Take your handbuilding to the next level. Students should bring project ideas or a new technique you’d like to learn. This class will maximize hands-on work time, but will tailor instruction and demonstrations to the needs of the students, so you’ll learn from the other students’ projects as well as your own. This class has you covered whether you’re interested in figurative or abstract sculpture or functional tableware. Possible topics covered, include: sculptural vessels, hump or slump molds, surface texture techniques, pattern making, coil and paddle construction, sprig molds, incorporating non-ceramic elements, glazing and surface design, etc.
- Monday afternoons: (2pm - 5pm) - John Morse - 8 -week course.
What’s included in this class:
- 1-$15 Clay Coupon.
- Glazes and slips used for class pieces
- 24x24x12 personal shelf with an additional clay shelf.
- Break room locker with lock for personal belongings.
- 1-15% coupon in the retail store for any additional New Mexico Clay for class.
- An additional 3 hour glazing class; Tips & Tricks, working with slips, oxides and glazes for Cone 6 or Cone 10
- Community clay tools will be available for use during classroom hours.
- Students enrolled in classes will be allowed open studio/limited access (3-days a week) during the 8-week sessions.