Thursday Afternoons 2pm - 5pm - 8 week course - Starting March 25th 2021
Thu, 25 Mar 2021
Just in Time For Spring ...
Bird baths and Garden Sculptures with Maria Sampson our Wonderful Georgies of Portland Representative/Artist
In this 8-week class, you will be handbuilding a tabletop bird bath and a garden sculpture. We will be using New Mexico Clay WH Rough (White Cone 6 for Tile & Sculpture) clay body. For glazes we will be using Georgies Ceramic & Clay Interactive Pigments and Glazes. We will be shaping forms using slabs, round and flat coils, as well as hump/slump molds. We will also be experimenting with ways to add texture to slabs.
Some handbuilding experience is preferred but not required, we welcome all levels.
- Thursday Afternoons: (2pm - 5pm) - Maria Sampson - 8 -week course.
What’s included in this class:
- 1-$15 Clay Coupon.
- 1-15% coupon in the retail store for any additional New Mexico Clay for class.
- 1-15% coupon in the retail store for additional Georgies Glazes.
- 1 - 4 oz jar of Georgies Pigment color of your choice.
- 24x24x12 personal shelf with an additional clay shelf.
- Break room locker with lock for personal belongings.
- Georgies glazes for your class garden stack. Additional Glazes can be purchased in retail store.
- Community clay tools will be available for use during classroom hours.
- Students enrolled in classes will be allowed open studio/limited access (3-days a week) during the 8-week sessions.