Tuesday Afternoons 2pm - 5pm - 8 week course - Starting March 23rd 2021
Tue, 23 Mar 2021
After the Safari and the Hunt, it's time for a party! Pottery Safari Continuation with Joe Bova
After the Safari and the Hunt, it's time for a party! Dog, cat, bird, horse or their untamed or even mythical wild cousins - everybody welcome, but bring a friend - even sister snake. This class will expand on animal and pottery form relationships encountered in the previous Animal Masquerade; Pottery Safari class. Projects will consider the pottery animal in dualities and multiples, sculptural and functional. and combined. Your reference might be the Ark or the Jungle, the Circus or even the Zoo and the Barnyard. We will compose and relate different and repeated figures and introduce a narrative. Appropriate techniques for particular forms will be considered. All levels welcome.
What’s included in this class:
- 1-$15 Clay Coupon.
- Glazes and slips used for class pieces
- 24x24x12 personal shelf with an additional clay shelf.
- Break room locker with lock for personal belongings.
- 1-15% coupon in the retail store for any additional New Mexico Clay for class.
- An additional 3 hour glazing class; Tips & Tricks, working with slips, oxides and glazes for Cone 6
- Community clay tools will be available for use during classroom hours.
- Students enrolled in classes will be allowed open studio/limited access (3-days a week) during the 8-week sessions.