Thursday Mornings 9:30am - 12:30pm - 8 - week course - Starting September 16th
Thu, 16 Sep 2021
Sculpting the Portrait in Clay
When visiting the many museums in Santa Fe or abroad; have you ever desired to make one of those beautiful sculptures you see on display from artists of the past or present? Some are marble, some are bronze and some are made entirely of clay. This is your chance to learn from Arlene Siegel a many talented portrait sculptress;
Using photos and mirrors for visual aids we will be zeroing in on facial features; a variety of ethnicities, different ages and expressions.
Please Note: Due to the current COVID restrictions we are unable to have a live model - we will have 5 different profiles using photos for you to choose from or you can use your own photos for this class.
You are encouraged to experiment with the many different sculpting tools available in our retail store as you gain experience.
- Thursday mornings (9:30 am to 12:30 pm) - Arlene Siegel - 8 - week course.
What’s included in this class:
- 1-$20 Clay Coupon.
- Glazes and slips used for class pieces
- 24x24x12 personal shelf with an additional clay shelf.
- Break room locker with lock for personal belongings.
- Community clay tools will be available for use during classroom hours.
- Students enrolled in classes will be allowed open studio/limited access (3-days a week) during the 8-week sessions.