Wednesday Mornings - 9:30am - 12:30pm - 8 - week course - Starting September 15th
Wed, 15 Sep 2021
Sculpting the Portrait in Clay using a Live Model
When visiting the many museums in Santa Fe or abroad; have you ever desired to make one of those beautiful sculptures you see on display from artists of the past or present? Some are marble, some are bronze and some are made entirely of clay. This is your chance to learn from Arlene Siegel a many talented portrait sculptress;
In this portrait sculpture class you will learn how to measure from a live model; the focus will be on muscle and bone structure of the face, expression and understanding the use of mass to depict hair giving life to the subject.
You are encouraged to experiment with the many different sculpting tools available in our retail store as you gain experience.
- Wednesday mornings (9:30 am to 12:30 pm) - Arlene Siegel - 8 - week course.
What’s included in this class:
- 1-$20 Clay Coupon.
- Glazes and slips used for class pieces
- 24x24x12 personal shelf with an additional clay shelf.
- Break room locker with lock for personal belongings.
- Community clay tools will be available for use during classroom hours.
- Students enrolled in classes will be allowed open studio/limited access (3-days a week) during the 8-week sessions.