Friday August 20th from 9:30am to 4:30pm One Day 6 Hr Course
Fri, 20 Aug 2021
Wheel Throwing, The Basics ... A Whole Day of Fun Throwing Clay
Having Problems Centering on the Pottery Wheel? Or Just Beginning to Understand Wheel Throwing? Then This Workshop is a Must.
This class is for the beginning student who has little to no experience throwing on the pottery wheel. This is the basics:
- THE TOOLS; What are these objects and what are they for and how do you use them.
- CLAY BODY; What does this mean? and what is the difference between grog and no grog? Red or white?, porcelain or stoneware?
- THE MACHINE: How to operate the pottery wheel and use it to its full potential.
- CENTERING THE CLAY: How to prevent the clay from flying off the wheel and have success making your first cylinder.
- LETS MAKE A POT: Of course you will! That's the goal in this class, you will come away with many wonderful things that you will make.
- TRIMMING: How do you do this without cutting a hole in the bottom of your pot?
- TIPS and TRICKS GALORE!
What’s included in this class:
- 1-$15 Store Coupon
- Firing for 2 wheel thrown pieces from the workshop