Saturday mornings 9:30 am - 12:30 pm - 8 week course - Starting June 19th
Sat, 19 Jun 2021
Wheel Throwing, The Basics ...
Having Problems Centering on the Pottery Wheel? Or Just Beginning to Understand Wheel Throwing? Then This Class is a Must.
This class is for the beginning student who has little to no experience throwing on the pottery wheel. This is the basics:
- THE TOOLS; What are these objects and what are they for and how do you use them.
- CLAY BODY; What does this mean? and what is the difference between grog and no grog? Red or white?, porcelain or stoneware?
- THE MACHINE: How to operate the pottery wheel and use it to its full potential.
- CENTERING THE CLAY: How to prevent the clay from flying off the wheel and have success making your first cylinder.
- LETS MAKE A POT: Of course you will! That's the goal in this class, you will come away with many wonderful things that you will make.
- TRIMMING: How do you do this without cutting a hole in the bottom of your pot?
- TIPS and TRICKS GALORE!
What’s included in this class:
- 1-$15 Clay Coupon.
- A potter's first tool kit.
- Glazes and slips used for class pieces
- 24x24x12 personal shelf with an additional clay shelf.
- Break room locker with lock for personal belongings.
- 1-15% coupon in the retail store for any additional New Mexico Clay for class.
- An additional 3 hour glazing class; Tips & Tricks, working with slips, oxides and glazes for Cone 6
- Community clay tools will be available for use during classroom hours.
- Students enrolled in classes will be allowed open studio/limited access (3-days a week) during the 8-week sessions.