Thursday Mornings 10am - 1pm - 8 week course - Starting March 25th 2021
Thu, 25 Mar 2021
A Fun and Magical Time with Clay ...
Whimsical Garden Stacks with Maria Sampson our Wonderful Georgies of Portland Representative/Artist
In this 8-week class, you will learn how to construct pieces for a garden stack.
We will discuss the basics of building a garden stack from making a sturdy stand to important factors to consider when making and glazing your pieces. We will be using New Mexico Clay WH Rough (White Cone 6 for Tile & Sculpture) clay body. For glazes we will be using Georgies Ceramic & Clay Interactive Pigments and Glazes. We will be shaping forms using slabs and templates, hump/slump molds and pinch pots and experimenting with ways to add texture to slabs. There will also be an emphasis on glaze testing and making glaze test tiles.
Please come to class with some ideas or a theme for your garden stack. Some handbuilding experience is preferred but not required, we welcome all levels.
- Thursday Mornings: (10am - 1pm) - Maria Sampson - 8 -week course.
What’s included in this class:
- 1-$15 Clay Coupon.
- 1-15% coupon in the retail store for any additional New Mexico Clay for class.
- 1 - 4 oz jar of Georgies Pigment color of your choice.
- 1-15% coupon for additional Georgies Glazes.
- 24x24x12 personal shelf with an additional clay shelf.
- Break room locker with lock for personal belongings.
- Georgies glazes for your class garden stack. Additional Glazes can be purchased in retail store.
- Community clay tools will be available for use during classroom hours.
- Students enrolled in classes will be allowed open studio/limited access (3-days a week) during the 8-week sessions.